01/02/2018 - 00:00
16/02/2018 - 00:00
The Robert A. and Thelma J. Hall Education Fund
The Robert A. and Thelma J. Hall Education Fund was created to promote the study of English and Information Technology in countries around the world where students do not have the opportunity to do so because of financial need. It accomplishes this by offering needs-based scholarships and grants to IT students at institutions of higher learning. It is now offering students at the O. S. Popov Odesa National Academy of Telecommunications (OSP-ONAT) the opportunity to apply for funds in order to continue their IT studies at the Academy.
To receive a scholarship to cover up to 100% of their tuition at OSP-ONAT, a student must meet ALL the following criteria:
1) Be a full-time, undergraduate Contract student in (172) Telecommunications, (121) Software Engineering, (122) Computer Science, or (125) Cyber Security at OSP-ONAT,
2) Be currently enrolled in an English class at OSP-ONAT (EFL) or have received a FCE-B2 certificate,
3) Have a cumulative average of at least 85 over ALL courses after one semester at the Academy,
4) Have obtained a grade of at least 85 in their English class at the time of taking the class at OSP-ONAT,
5) Have a letter of recommendation from their OSP-ONAT English teacher, and
6) Can demonstrate a financial need.
Students who do not meet #4 but do meet the other criteria can apply for a grant to cover their English courses fee and/or Monthly Allowance.
Students must print out the Application found at xxxx, complete the Application, provide documentation to support the above criteria, as well as a 300-word essay in English as to why they are majoring in IT and their plans for the future.
A judging committee selected by the Fund will review the applications, interview prospective awardees, and rank the interviewees according to the criteria above. The Fund will then award funds to the selected students.
Decisions of the judges and the Fund are final.