ITU Regional Workshop for Europe and CIS “Cybersecurity and Child Online Protection”
International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in cooperation with the A.S. Popov Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications (A.S. Popov ONAT) of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine are holding the ITU Regional Workshop for Europe and CIS “Cybersecurity and Child Online Protection” in Odessa, Ukraine on April 4-6, 2018.
This Workshop is intended for the representatives of ministries, regulators, law enforcement agencies, telecom operators, universities and general education institutions, telecommunication equipment manufacturers, research and design institutes, software developers and other interested organizations of the ITU Member States, Sector Members and Associate Members from Europe and CIS.
The main goal of the Workshop is the exchange of experience in the field of cybersecurity and child online protection. The workshop is devoted to such relevant issues: Role of governments and international organizations in ensuring cybersecurity and child online protection; Policy of cybersecurity and child online protection; Regulation of issues of ensuring cybersecurity and child online protection; Organizational and procedural aspects of ensuring cybersecurity and child online protection; Technical aspects of ensuring cybersecurity and child online protection; Capacity building to provide cybersecurity and child online protection; Future development of cybersecurity and child online protection.
More than 50 people registered to take part in the Workshop, representing 19 states, namely: Belarus, Colombia, Estonia, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Luxembourg, Moldova, Norway, Poland, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.
Among the speakers of the Workshop:
- International Telecommunication Union Officers: Rosheen Awotar-Mauree and Farid Nakhli;
- Ibrahim Aldabal, Chairman of CWG on Child Online Protection, UAE;
- Joachim Kind, Head of the Management Offce, State Center for Media and Communication, Spokesman EU-Safer Internet Centre DE / klicksafe, Germany;
- Anthony Giannoumis, Associate Professor, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway
- Szymon Wójcik, Saferinternet.pl project coordinator, Empowering Children Foundation, Poland
- Vladimer Svanadze, Chairman of the Board, Internet Development Initiative IDI, Georgia
- Raul Heido, District Prosecutor, Southern District Prosecutor’s Office, Estonia.
The opening of the Workshop was held on April 4, 2018 at 9.30 in Odessa, Kuznechna St., 1, room №223 (conference hall) A.S. Popov ONAT.
A live webcast of the Workshop was carried out at https://goo.gl/kv6Q7o .