20/12/2017 - 00:00
16/05/2018 - 00:00
By the 100th anniversary of the Odessa National A.S. Popov Academy of Telecommunications and 15th anniversary of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Economics and Management
“INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR THE ECONOMY – THE YOUTH SPEAK”
About the competition
The competition “Innovative solutions for the economy – the youth speak“ has a goal to identify the best solutions for Ukrainian economy formulated by students in the degree programs of Economics or Management. There are two levels – Bachelor’s and Master’s. Winners will be chosen in each level for presentations of their solutions in English at a city-wide competition.
The winner in each level will receive a monetary prize:
7 500 UAH for the winner in the Master’s Level
5 000 UAH for the winner in the Bachelor’s Level
Funds provided by “The Thelma J. Stischer Foundation,” USA
Terms and conditions of the competition
The competition involves two stages. In the first stage, the participants will submit the application and the presentation summary. The applications and the summaries will be used in the evaluation of the entries. The steering committee will choose the ten (10) solutions for participation in the second stage of the competition. The second stage will be the presentation of the idea and results of the research, the publication of the participants’ summaries. The winning participant will be announced at the competition after scoring by the judges.
The Master’s Level. Currently enrolled students of master’s programs in Economics or Management from any university in Odesa may participate in the competition “Innovative solutions for the economy – the youth speak”.
The Bachelor’s Level. Currently enrolled students of undergraduate degree programs Economics or Management from any university in Odesa may participate in competition “Innovative solutions for the economy – the youth speak”.
Stages of the competition
Stage 1 – Submit your application form and summary to name at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00, 1.04.18
Stage 2 – Present your solution on 16.05.18
Requirements for the summary
Each participant of the competition, together with the application will submit an electronic summary in .doc or .docx and pdf format in English. Maximum size of the summary is one (1) page, of no more than 2000 characters, font Times New Roman, size 12, indentation 1.25, text in full justification, margins 2 cm. The summary should contain such basic elements as:
- first and last name of a student;
- name of the presentation;
- the purpose of the research;
- the idea of the proposed solution;
- the results of the research;
- conclusions drawn.
Summaries of the participants which are prepared in accordance with the requirements will be published in the materials of the competition “Innovative solutions for the economy – the youth speak” in electronic form and sent to each participant.
Requirements for the presentation
- to provide an original idea about innovative solutions for Ukrainian economy;
- contain actual results about the research of the idea, in particular: recommendations, models, examples, etc.;
- is submitted and presented in English;
- it should be made in the Power Point editor. The maximum number of slides is 5, the maximum time for presentation is 7 minutes.
The winners of the competition will be determined by the average sum of the judges’ scores according to the criteria (Table 1). Maximum number of points for a participant – is 100 points.
Table 1. – The criterions of estimating participants
|Criteria||Maximum number of points|
|First and last name of a student|
|Phone number, e-mail|
|The study program|
|The course of the study program|
|The form of education
( full time or distance)
( first and last name, science degree, work place, department)
|Name of the presentation|
- Vorobienko, Doctor in Technical Science, Professor, Rector of the Odessa National A.S. Popov Academy of Telecommunications (ONAT)
- Zakharchenko, PHD in Economics, professor, head of The Educational and Scientific Institute of Economics and Management ONAT
- Dr. Doug Hall, PHD in Computer Science, TEFL/IT, US Peace Corps – Ukraine 50
- Orlov, Doctor in Economics, Professor, Head of Department of Business Economics and Corporate Management ONAT
- Otlyvanska, PHD in Economics, Associate Professor Department of Business Economics and Corporate Management ONAT
- Stankevych, PHD in Economics, Associate Professor, Head of Department Management and Marketing ONAT
- Tardaskina, PHD in Economics, Associate Professor of Department Management and Marketing ONAT
- Chepelyuk, PHD in Pedagogy, Senior Teacher (English) of the Language Training Department, ONAT
Contact person Associate Professor of Department of Business Economics and Corporate Management ONAT Otlyvanska Galyna. tel. +380962159199,